So, there I was, two or three weeks ago. About to release the first pre-alpha version of my packet editor.
Then I noticed A serious bug. I´m not going to go into too much detail on it, but it basically rendered the packet editor unusable.
After that, I had an insanely busy week filled with assessments, my social life and preparation for the holidays.
And then I flew to tahiti.
I´ve pretty much had no internet acccess here, so I haven´t been able to do any testing and debugging of the packet editor (No internet = no packets).
I get back at the end of this week though, so I´d expect a release around the 22nd this month (2 weeks from now)
In other news, I figured out a new Raycaster-like algorythm that should be between 50 to 100 times faster than the conventional wolfenstein method.
I think I can get it to run in 640x480 smoothly on a 500KHz processor (assuming it can drive the screen). probably even less. I´ll test it on my family´s old Amiga 2000 (about 7MHz) when I can
I´ll probably post some stuff on raycasting and raycasting derivatives soon.